Buying professional product is a dilemma many of us have faced. “To buy or not to buy, that is the question!” When it comes right down to it, spending over $12.00 vs. $2.00 on a can of volumizer seems excessive when you only consider the price. But, do you have GUTS????
Redken Guts is just one example of a professional product that will change your life. I have used this for over 10 years now. Why? Because it it gives me incredible volume when I round brush. If you have a volumizer you swear by, please share!
Five reasons to use professional haircare product sold by a professional:
1. You only have to use a fraction of the amount, so it will last longer than store bought product. (I am having flashbacks of the Aquamarine shampoo I used as a kid. It was so watered down a handful would be wasted as it ran through my fingers.)
2. It’s water soluble so your hair will not have build-up and will thank you every day by being SO much easier to style. If you could only see the gunk I have had to scrub off of bathroom doors after moving into a new place. That, my friends, is cheap hairspray and I assure you that Kenra #25 wipes right off!
3. Sure, department stores carry name-brand salon products, but those are called “diverted” products. They are not much cheaper than at the salon and who knows how old they are.
4. Even my mom is hooked and cannot go back. She is not someone to spend money unnecessarily either! I also have a friend who recently changed from using Herbal Essences (I could not comb through her hair when I cut it) to a professional product and she said it has made a HUGE difference in how her hair feels!
My advice if you are nervous about taking the plunge into the world of haircare products is to start with just one or two things. Shampoo and conditioner are basics. Ask your stylist to recommend something for your hair type.
Here are my favorites at the moment:
- Amplify Shampoo and Conditioner #2 for color treated hair
- Peppermint Scrub Clarifying Shampoo by Paul Mitchell (ONLY use once a week.)
- Redken Real Control Deep Conditioner
- Aquage shine drops and Redken Guts (I use these after washing my hair, before blow-drying.)
- Kenra #25 hairspray, the BIG can!
P.S. With all this said, I know there are many of you out there that have a non-professional product you use and love. If you use it I will still be your friend! I want to hear what works for YOU!